Subtraction is the most powerful action.
I am recovering from COVID. I’m out of quarantine and back to work but realizing that I’m still a little weary and in need of taking it S L O W.
Summer seems to be flying by and all 4 of my kids (ages 17-25) are home under one roof at this very moment. Life is very full AND there are a LOT OF FEELINGS happening right now.
I have really been relying on my journal this summer. It’s become something I look forward to drawing and writing in daily. Two way prayer is helping me tremendously with all of the things that feel so uncertain.
I hope that you are feeling supported in all the things that might be feeling uncertain in your world right now! You are never alone.
This Week’s FEEL GOOD List of Ideas!
1. SUBTRACTION. “Life can be improved by adding, or by subtracting. The world pushes us to add, because that benefits them. But the secret is to focus on subtracting. …..The adding mindset is deeply ingrained. It’s easy to think I need something else. It’s hard to look instead at what to remove. The least successful people I know run in conflicting directions, are drawn to distractions, say yes to almost everything, and are chained to emotional obstacles. The most successful people I know ……” CONTINUE READING at Derek Severs.
3. Did you know that 60% of clothing made in US ends up in landfill? This is why I love thrifting at Savers (or Gooodwill!) for clothing! I learned that the stuff we purchase must (eventually!) be dealt with. We have downsized twice and that’s part of my story in my spiritual memoir Swimming with Elephants.
I also love learning about how others have simplified their lives.This beautiful woman popped up on my YouTube feed- this is packed with calming ideas you can use to simplify your life + live beautifully! https://youtu.be/NEVD9rT-P-g
Her video on money is also awesome! https://youtu.be/TyBfXfucmyo
4. The Poem that moved me so much this week and the art that i was inspired to make!
Before it all is gone
wash your cells in the fecund aliveness
of the forest, in the jungle
this garden, on this mountain.
Even in the driest desert
there is some life.
Allow the endless living pulsation to fill you
and also the endless death.
Let that grief and release
sink into your bones
and back out again
Until you are bathed
enough to remember
what it is you’re fighting for
and living for
and dying for.
As the web of life that’s always been there
to hold us all up
and we see the rending quicken,
our choices become less about
the this and the that.
The battles waged have turned
now into a clamorous war
with no certain point of reference.
This one is unwinnable.
It’s all consuming and
terror has taken so much space.
So go out into the wilderness
and be with what is.
Be what is.
Let it be what it is
for even just a few fleeting moments.
You are the imaginal cell
waiting to become
what will be.
Be with what is.
Be now, with what it is
to make space for what it will be
after the war has ended
and something new is woven
with the interminable threads
~ © Eartha Dancier, “A Moment for Knowing the Endless Now”
The poetry of Earthdancer
This poem reminds me to be sure to go and wander and lie on the earth as frequently as possible. She heals all things.
5. Here’s an interview of an incredible woman who spend twelve years alone meditating in a cave in the Himalayas. What struck me was what she had to say about what keeps us stuck…she says it’s DESIRE. Read more here.
6. I attended a 12 step conference (Overeaters Anonymous) in Omaha a few weeks ago and it was EPIC. I met so many amazing humans living HONEST LIVES FILLED WITH INTEGRITY and SERENITY….wow! And the one thing that I heard that I had to capture in my art journal.
I am the QUEEN BEE OF TRY HARDER and I know that many of you are too! We are the hard workers, the overachievers and the ones that can default into hustling for our worthiness. But SURRENDER is sweet relief.
For me, surrendering to a higher power…or surrendering to Alice’s (my spirit animal ) wisdom is a welcome relief from my sweaty and exhausting “let me just see if I can do this ALL on my own” approach. If you are curious about how to cultivate a relationship with a spirit animal, check out my class here.
If you are needing support, healing or help uncovering your gifts, I’m here!
I have spots open for coaching, shamanic mentoring, shamanic healing and vibe raising DIVINATION sessions! You are always welcome to read more and book HERE.
with big love,
This email is reader supported! The best way to support me is to:
1. BUY MY BOOKS (or listen to them on Audible!)
2. Purchase my CARD DECK
2. DOWNLOAD my App for Wild Animal Messages
3. Book a session with me.
4. Make a purchase via this newsletter with one of my Amazon links, i receive a small commission which supports my work.
Change your home, change your whole LIFE! (Coming this Fall!)
What if we told you that you can make valuable progress on your dreams
working closely with your home?
That instead of feeling like every step of the way is the mental equivalent of tight-rope walking (i.e.: must get more willpower, feel inspired, muster up motivation, etc . . ), you can reverse-engineer the process with breathtaking clarity and intention?
Waking up in an environment that has been designed to stoke your dreams will not only put a big smile on your face, but it will hit the PLAY button on the life you want to live.
It’s a way off but I’m excited to be teaching this VIRTUAL course for East West Bookshop in Seattle! I want to help you learn how to decipher the messages of BEASTIES AND TO CONNECT WITH YOURS