Daily Love Rituals and More- This Week’s FEELGOOD List
(ART above is from My Summer of No: 100 Days of Self-Respecting Boundaries Project)
1. Quote that I am reflecting on…
“….a final paragraph of advice: do not burn yourselves out. Be as I am – a reluctant enthusiast.a part-time crusader, a half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves and your lives for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the land; it is even more important to enjoy it. While you can. While it’s still here. So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, climb the mountains, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and lucid air, sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness, the lovely, mysterious, and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body….”
2. Do you have daily LOVE rituals that help you weave you and your loved one (s) together? I just loved hearing about my mentor, author Martha Beck’s family love rituals and the beauty of the love that may be “weird” by some standards but is deeply joyful. LISTEN HERE.
3. Do you long to support your loved ones better?
Here is a lesson I continue to learn! I swear I have been studying this topic all my adult life and YET….when one of my beloveds is suffering BOY OH BOY does all that wisdom fly out the window. I am never giving up though- because its the best feeling in the world to be listened to without attachment. Learn about the ways we respond co-dependently instead of HELPFULLY at the link below…
“If you knew that you could support the people you love better than you ever have before, would you do it? Well first, you need to understand why some responses are unhelpful. Then you can practice alternatives.” What empathy REALLY IS! (We often get it confused!) READ SUPER HELPFUL ARTICLE HERE.
4. There is a part of me that has wanted to achieve…write books, get certain positions of leadership/excellence. This part of me has helped me do a lot of amazing things that I am proud of. But, I am in a season of my life where this feels more important now. Follow Morgan Harper Nichols’s affirmation page at Instagram (such a beautiful human!) for more goodness HERE.
5. When I am dealing with great uncertainty, I have noticed that the world becomes a more magical and charmed place. Helpful billboards appear. Electronic signs flash the words I need to see. I also support myself with divination (the art of seeking helpful divine wisdom/ information that is normally hidden) in these times. Receiving comforting messages and teachings from the divine bring me comfort. Back in 2010 when I was facing massive uncertainty about my job as a physician, I learned to rely on the messages of the Beasties and nature.
Lately, I have been discovering the magic of the I Ching throgh the beautiful app designed by the person who coded my Beastie app, “What the Walrus Knows” .
This I Ching (0r Yi Jing) is comes from the 9th century in China. It is based in many things but this idea that Nature does all things without effort
Do you have a question you DON”T know the answer to –or a situation that you don’t know what the best approach is? Download Brian’s beautiful app and ask, “what is the best approach to this?”—or “teach me what I need to know”
For fun, I have asked the app to offer all of us a teaching today:
“Fire in Heaven Shines Far”
This describes the inner freedom that comes from clarity, detachment and inner strength. Yet, in inner freedom there is the temptation to be too cool, in detachment, the temptation to be too hard, and in inner strength, the temptation to think we have the right to feelings of disdain and alienation. In sacrificing these temptations, or “rights,” we remain modest, thus give honor to the Sage who guides —
Let me know if it helps you- just hit reply!
I am here for coaching, shamanic mentoring, shamanic healing and vibe raising DIVINATION sessions! You are always welcome to read more and book a session or series of sessions HERE.
with big love,
This email is reader supported! The best way to support me is to:
1. BUY MY BOOKS (or listen to them on Audible!)
2. Purchase my CARD DECK
2. DOWNLOAD my App for Wild Animal Messages
3. Book a session with me.
4. Purchasing a mug, t-shirt, framed print, tote bag, shower curtain or other magical thing that I have created at MY ART SHOP.
4. Share this newsletter with your inner circle!
Make your whole home a tmeple and your life a prayer…WATCH THE VIDEO.
Change your home, change your whole LIFE! (Coming this Fall!)
What if we told you that you can make valuable progress on your dreams
working closely with your home?
That instead of feeling like every step of the way is the mental equivalent of tight-rope walking (i.e.: must get more willpower, feel inspired, muster up motivation, etc . . ), you can reverse-engineer the process with breathtaking clarity and intention?
Waking up in an environment that has been designed to stoke your dreams will not only put a big smile on your face, but it will hit the PLAY button on the life you want to live.
It’s a way off but I’m excited to be teaching this VIRTUAL course for East West Bookshop in Seattle! I want to help you learn how to decipher the messages of BEASTIES AND TO CONNECT WITH YOURS