I appreciate having this structure to keep me coming back every day. I think it’s really likely I would have just left the materials in a closet, maybe for years, and eventually given them away. I’m always tempted by the lure of finishing, though, and in days that I’ve rushed I’ve made mistakes. So I’m trying to just go slow and be thoughtful and allow it to come together over time. And 100 days is a long time! Usually it feels like the blink of an eye.
I cannot express my gratitude for the way you and this group have brought me to a whole new level!!
I’m so sad this class has ended . It has been such a beautiful unfolding.
Writing notes creates joy. 🦋
15 minutes a day DOES make a difference
I can stay committed (not perfect, but committed) and making space for art is another healing modality that supports my well-being and my creative urges <3 Thank you Sarah for creating such a magical container
Surrendering to Self makes room for miracles ✨
Showing up consistently for creativity positively affects all aspects of my life.
I have a voice and it’s worth sharing.
Creativity begets creativity, and be open - beauty is everywhere
I fell deeply in love with my creative soul .
Creativity is a necessity not an option for a connected life.
My creativity is one of my best partners!
Creating is a soul's birthright, limitations are my ego fearful of losing control - I'm learning to let my soul's creativity lead without fear!
This project gave me faith in myself that I can create what I want and need in this life, and led to me launching three new creative living projects near the end, all of which represent major departures from my past experiences with making changes.
Beauty is everywhere, just waiting for me to notice it.
Little Laura [a part if me] is safe, full of joy and can come out to play or share her feelings anytime.
It is like I am aligning myself more than I ever have in my life on a consistent basis. I am stepping into myself and the act of sharing crystalizes it. My sense of worth has increased - things are materializing in fast and mysterious ways. I feel incredibly grateful. Thank you Sarah and everyone for witnessing me and holding a container for me to grow.
“I thought my 100-day project would involve more words. Apparently my life may require fewer words these days. I like the risk of painting. There is courage there. I hope it germinates and grows into other areas of my life. I surprised that I've "graduated" from a box of markers to a full scale set of watercolors and acrylics and a coffee can of brushes. I like the knives the best. I think my inner and my outer and finding each other and connecting. I feel more whole when I paint...when I share... when things aren't perfect, but they align. Very grateful for this invitation.”
I'm noticing that every day SOMETHING is bubbling up which is building my confidence as a content creator. Loving it!
I am finding a part of myself feeling nervous about having enough projects( probably the part that doesn’t feel I’m creative to begin with, lol) and then another part that keeps reminding me to turn it over to my Angels and Ancestors, they’ve not let me down yet!
Yesterday as I was getting ready to go for a swim in Lake Superior I heard a voice in my head that sounded like the beginning of an essay. Montaigne wrote about and studied himself while looking out over his vineyards from a cozy room atop his estate. I feel like a time traveller now that I am spending each morning with him!
“During this morning’s automatic writing session, I was able to let go in a way I haven’t before. And I felt a strong column of energy that ran through and around my body. It was really lovely. I’m curious if I’ll feel it again or if this was a one time thingy. The words really flowed today. I coulda easily kept on writing for the whole morning if I hadn’t stopped myself. It feels like I’m allowing myself to get more comfortable with this process.”
What’s becoming clearer for me is that a commitment and accountability partners like y’all are ways to do that! I continue to love this 100-day process, both witnessing you and being witnessed in my creative process. I let go of the 15-minute time constraint weeks ago and allowed whatever each day invited me into. Day 50 wanted a BIG stone and wouldn’t settle for the first few weave ideas. This is where we landed, the stone, the weave, day 50 and me. I dig it. 🥰👏🏼🦋 wishing we could all spend a long weekend retreat together starting on day 100!
Sending love and my gratitude to this community of creators. Visiting this page everyday was like swimming in waters with the power to transform. Deep honouring of you Sarah for creating such a wise, giving, generative space for us all.
I almost can't believe this is it 100 days... 10 words. This last word ease has been about thinking about where things can be easy in my life... I guess starting a 100 day project sounded kinda easy and at some times then it wasn't - but now looking back I have so many different thoughts and feelings... I loved all the 10 words - even though some I might not have chosen if I had known I'd be back in 9 weeks lock down (and counting...) I am compiling groups of the posts for further reflection in the coming days. HUGE thanks to @sarahseidelmann for organising this! I will definitely do another one some day (maybe soon!)
My intention for this project was to honor my body by honoring the food I choose to fuel it with and feed my mind and retrieve my soul through the creative process.
- I FEEL: amazed, inspired, exhilarated, ready for something new, sad won’t be with the project group or connecting/expressing/being accountable through offering these posts any more
- What I LEARNED about myself: My commitment to my self-care, joy, creativity, and being of service is of the highest priority for my heart and soul. I do what I truly commit to. I love a long-term project and a sense of completion. I am an artist and healer.
- What I learned about my ART: It reflects where and who I am.
- The HARDEST part was: Not going down the rabbit hole of perfectionism. Not resting when I needed to.
- The BEST part was: Allowing the project to flow and co-create my experience. Riding the collective creative group wave.
- What I would do DIFFERENTLY next time: Pick something less intense and consuming that is more away from the computer.
- My hopes and DREAMS are: That I will continue to design my life with these priorities in mind and that this will allow me to be of best service to others.
- I WILL: Keep going! Try other ways of consistently expressing myself: painting, dancing, jewelry-making, clay, and more.
I AM: Grateful.
TO CAROL, FROM PROJECT:
Thank you for giving us your time, energy, creativity, space, and a voice.
Nourishing your relationship with Food nurtures you on every level of your being and reflects out into all aspects of your life. Please continue to feed yourself with JOY:
- Keep Playing
- Stay Curious
- Continue Mindfulness
- Trust Intuition
- Create Consistently
TO ALL, FROM ME:
- Sarah Bamford Seidelmann…for your offering of this creative soul retrieval project, creating a safe sacred space to play in, always acknowledging posts (in more than one place even!), and showing up daily yourself as a beautiful example.
- Project…for your reflections, teachings, insights, challenges, and co-creating that gave me deeper insight into who I am and how I can better manage my food and life with more mindfulness.
- Project Group…for witnessing my project and allowing me the honor of witnessing yours. Riding alongside you gave me deep inspiration, support, and motivation.
- Other Observers…for tuning in, being receptive, and giving me your thoughts and support as I went along - it helped me keep going.
- Husband…for your patience as I took photos before we could eat (sometimes cold food) and for your support throughout.
- Pandemic…for helping me remember what is most important, forcing me to break my addiction to eating out, and motivating me to step into full responsibility for my health, life, and service.
- Myself…for showing up consistently, going deep, putting it out there, and making joy, intuition, and creativity a priority.
No man sketches out a definite plan for his life; we only determine bits of it. ~ Montaigne
100 days I will never forget. I will hold all of you and your precious, vulnerable, beautiful creations in my heart ALWAYS. This project has been an incredible gift to me. M. Montaigne and I thank you for allowing us to play.
Day 100! Feelings of accomplishment!
Today’s love and gratitude note is going to my Sis. I was sooooo excited to receive the cards I purchased arrive in the mail yesterday! Just in time to use this one -may be my fav- to write words of gratitude and love. My sis and I are in sync. We aren’t twins, in this life, maybe another. I love her madly! ❤️
By consistently showing up and prioritizing creativity, I have developed a happier, healthier, more mindful co-creative relationship with food which has significantly improved my health and wellbeing.
This project is a microcosm and reflection of how I can choose to live my life.