W A R N I N G:
The act of simply reading a report like this can cause an immediate FEEL GOOD- so please proceed with abandon.
DATA COLLECTED FROM: highly vortextual individuals (SELF-selected)
Correlation: top 3 methods are highly correlated with a p value greater than 1 giga-bajillion (>1.0 GBJ). And that’s seriously for reals what I would call majorly correlated.
TOP 10 FAVORED METHODS for entry into the so-called “FEEL GOOD” state include:
1. PETS: The act of watching them roll over for treats, walking with them in nature, off leash in canyon, napping with them, watching them nap (or just before), getting kisses, cuddling….this is highly correlated among nearly all subjects.
2. DANCING: This includes but is not limited to “dancing in a free way”, “dancing, dancing, dancing” , “dancing to Motown”, Bag dancing as in that modern thing and trance dancing.
3. NATURE: Contact with nature including but not limited to river flowing, birds singing, eagles, hawks, snowy trails, hiking, watching wildlife, running around trees, letting waves pound “self” in Atlantic or any ocean, walking barefoot, seeing the sun rise or set, listening to the rain, feeling the wind on your skin, laying on the ground…on the beach…in the grass.
4. MUSIC AND SINGING were tied. MUSIC that seemed most effective in group studied includes: Motown, Justin Bieber (really?, yes!) , Pat Metheny, South African hip hop, Patrick Hernandez and Edward Maya mentioned. Further study is def. needed.
SINGING was reported as loud…often to the point of causing dizziness, freq. performed in the car and some subjects also reported a related activity they mysteriously termed “singing, singing, singing
5. MEDITATION: Many different variations described including: just “breathe” (reported by my existentialist husband), yoga nidra meditation, MEDITATION Oasis Application for Iphone, Transcendental meditation and walking meditation.
6. So-called GRATITUDE ATTACK (where subjects apparently simply review what is good and well in their lives) is a highly efficacious activity. Subjects give very little detail but its apparently v. good.
7. HUGGING/SNUGGLING: Involving your honeys, dogs, cats, children and similar subjects. Sometimes done on a couch.
9. **SEX, not otherwise specified. Also includes “thoughts of sex” “daydreaming of sex” oh yes, and then there was “delicious sex” and something that was described as “delibertately sensual passionate sex” (more study of this subject is definitely indicated. )
**** this researcher predicts this is massively under reported due to the public nature of this experiment and a smaller uncontrolled private study indicates that this may have landed near number 2. Or 3. If subjects had felt more anonymous. more study and more sensual pleasure (in the mean time) is needed for all subjects.
FOR FUTURE STUDY:
Other subjects for finding your FEEL GOOD worthy of further study and reported in inconclusively small numbers include: monkey jammies (just putting them on), road trips, various foods, comedic films, TV, good books- esp. Shakti Gawain and good stories.
Respectfully submitted, Sarah Seidelmann, FEEL GOOD Laboratory Chief.
Thank you Nathaniel, Jeannette, Maria, Harmony, Laura G, Jody, happyme, Pj999, Annette, Monica, Greg, Christine, Nancy, Lisa, Sophie, Susan at Good Vibe University!